Round-Up

By | 08:27 Leave a Comment

The packing lists have come out and I'm running around trying to get my sublet worked out and get all my medical stuff sorted. Sometimes the whole thing can just seem like a lot of work and can be overwhelming at the end of the day.

Here are a few things that get me excited (and also serve as a fun distraction) at the end of those long days. All the pages came courtesy of my next-door neighbour- she totally saved my sanity this week.

Hosts music mixes from all over Africa as well as other cultural and arts news. I was loving this big band mix courtesy of Radio Tanzania and the Tanzania Heritage Project.

Casting a critical and darkly humorous light on what is going on across Africa and how it is being portrayed (or not being portrayed) in the rest of the world.

A very creative open-source tool for learning. Developed by a professor who researches memory and how to optimize it, this site uses meme's to help you learn. It has a huge language section and I've been using it to learn Swahili.   

0 comments:

Post a Comment