July Favorites

By | 23:15 Leave a Comment
So I'm a big fan of the “monthly favourite” videos that you see on the beauty channels on youtube. When I'm back home I'm a bit of a junky for them. So I thought for fun that I would do a “favourite” list for the month of July....

Lonely Planet Tanzania
Sometimes it pays to be a cheesy tourist. This book is so useful for coming up with day trips, navigating Dar es Salaam and also planning the occasional weekend trip.

Big Statement Necklace
I feel like a really scored on this necklace from Forever 21. I wear this at least 2 times a week to work and it really dresses up every outfit.

Spray on Sunscreen
So this stuff doesn't cut it for an all day beach trip (and I have the sunburns to prove it). But its great for day to day coverage when I'm just running around town.

Beaded Sandals
Aren't the pretty! I picked them up at the Saba Saba Market. They go with everything and they're pretty comfortable for a flat sandal.

Rimmel Stay Matte Power
Its hot and humid and anything that keeps my face from being too oily in this country is a miracle product.

Long Wrap
I carry this around my bag for anytime the AC is too cold in buildings (which is more often then you'd think). Or if I'm going anywhere that I wish to be more modest.

Red Plastic Canvas Bag
Picked this up in the airport because I needed an extra carry-on and its been a great beach and casual bag!

Stoney Tangawazi (pic stolen from internet because we didn't have one at home)
This is a ginger-ale type local beverage with way more ginger that your typical ginger-ale. Its wonderful and a refreshing alternative to coke or fanta.

Anything I could have done without?
I have two great long maxi-dress that I love to wear at home and I thought would be really great for here. The thing is they are a bit too long and its so dusty/muddy/a bit gross in the markets that I don't really where them except for lounging around the house.

0 comments:

Post a Comment