Leaving on a Jet Plane... For Training

By | 09:13 Leave a Comment

Everything is checked in, have my boarding pass and I'm just waiting to go.


The very kind people at WestJet let me through without paying for my extra bag because my flights overseas allowed me extra baggage (also the woman informed me that she was a Scorpio too and apparently Scorpio's like to do good in the world). Despite my attempts to weigh my bags they were slightly over. Turns out balancing things precariously on bathroom scales does not give an accurate read out. So I had to shuffle things around. I picked up an extra tote for carry-on and its all fine now.  I think I should be okay for my flight overseas because I'll have more in my carry-on then too. 

So now I'm just completing my pre-flight rituals:
  1. Purchased peanut m&ms and water;
  2. Bought the thickest fashion magazine I could get my hands on;
  3. Found some empty seats to sprawl out on and eat my lunch since space will be in short supply for the next 7.5 hours

This seemed like I was waiting forever to get started on my trip and then the last few days just flew by. Goodbye Toronto! I will see you in 6 months.

0 comments:

Post a Comment