Review - Live Clean Shampoo & Conditioner

By | 08:18 Leave a Comment

The Company

Live Clean is an amazing company that prides itself in being eco-friendly. Their planet friendly philosophy means all their products are:
  • Natural and plant based
  • SLS/Sulfate Free/DEA Free
  • Paraben/Phthalate/Phosphate Free
  • Pure Vegan and Vegetarian / Cruelty Free
  • Enriched with Certified Organic Botanical Extracts
  • And use Biodegradable Ingredients, Recyclable Packages and Local Sourcing
So what does this really mean? It mostly means that you can be sure that the products you are using on your body are not bad for the environment or you (a major plus when buying beauty products). The big question is, does the natural stuff really compare to that super foamy chemical shampoo and conditioner you are used to?

The Hair

Before I get started I need to make a confession. I have a lot of hair. I spent most of my life wishing I had lovely straight and smooth hair just like Adrienne (only to later find out that this type of hair comes with its own difficulties). 

Over the past 7 years I have worked with an amazing hair stylist who has helped me work with my hair and learn to embrace the giant puffball that sometimes resides on my head. I could not do a post about hair without thanking the very talented Jenn from In'I Hair Design. Now, I know what you're all thinking. "How much hair can one person really have?" Well, let me explain.


My hair checks all the boxes for "problem" hair. Curly?... Check!... Frizzy?... Oh yeah!... Thick?... Check!... Long?... Mmhm... Colour treated?... Yup! Because of this I most undoubtedly need some heavy duty hair care products to keep my frizzball in line. 

The Products

I've used quite a few of the Live Clean products, but I always go back to the Exotic Nectar - Argan Oil shampoo and conditioner duo. Curly and frizzy hair has a tendency to be really dry and so moisture is the name of the game. Argan oil helps moisturize and leaves hair feeling smooth and definitely tames that frizz.

Along with adding a ton of moisture this Live Clean duo smells pretty good as well. I'm not a huge fan of overly scented products so the subtlety of this stuff is pretty nice, though a bit hard to pin exactly what it is.

As far as foam goes, many all natural products fall a bit flat. For all you who really need some significant suds, the shampoo of this duo can get a  pretty good lather going.

The only slight down side to both the shampoo and conditioner as that I find you do need to use a decent amount of product. Combined with the fact that the bottle only contains 350 ml of product, I find that I can go through these pretty quickly. Now, that being said, because of my hair I tend to wash it very infrequently (I try to go about 10 days or so). While this isn't a huge problem for me, others may take issue with having to purchase their products more frequently.

So, what about the results? Using Live Clean I find that my hair certainly keeps a it's curl much better than with other products that tend to dry out my ends. When you have really problem hair, there are so many things that contribute to having a good hair day and you have to start with your basics. By using Live Clean Exotic Nectar shampoo and conditioner I really feel like I set myself up for better styling later on.

In the end I really can't recommend this brand enough. If you have thick and curly hair, the argan oil infused products are the way to go. They also have a whole range of other things for various other hair types. The best part about Live Clean though, is that you can really feel good about the products you are using and feel confident that you are not harming the environment in any way. The fact that they are great for hair, really does seem to be a bonus. Don't worry Adrienne! I'll send some your way in a care package soon!






0 comments:

Post a Comment