Brixton Brunch - Copy-Cat Day

By | 04:48 Leave a Comment
Last week I got a frantic note from Kaila which said 'YOU MUST GO EAT HERE!" It was attached to this link to the The Londoner blog with a write-up on bunch place in Brixton.

We are both fans of the Londoner's blog. It is like looking into a beautiful world of wonderful food, great style and enviable vacations. So no dodging or hiding or pretending this is anything else; I copied her trip round to Brixton.

First of all, if you are going to try and get a seat at a popular brunch place on a weekend in London, may I recommend going after a late night football match where England was playing. We didn't go for brunch until 11am, but the phrase 'I've never seen Brixton this quiet' was repeated several times by my London savvy brunch-mate. With the football loving crowd still recovery from their late night shenanigans, we got into the Wild Caper right away.

The most important question regarding any Brunch meal is, of course, what did you order. Despite being very tempted by the various forms of eggs Benedict, I went for the Full English Breakfast. I always find that a) if a brunch place doesn't do a good full breakfast well, nothing else will be any good and b) I always end up wishing I'd chosen full english anyways.

It was so good! While some might quibble over the portion (one egg, one sausage, one slice of toast) I loved it because I could actually finish everything without feeling close to death by food. And as you can see by the photo sequence, I finished it all and the dinosaurs were left circling the plate wishing for scraps (dinos supplied by the young boy eating breakfast next to me). And the bread was so good, I had to buy a loaf to take home.

Post-brunch we wandered around the market. There were so many interesting store, food places, restaurants, it would take ages to list them all. But I have three stand outs for you.

The Keep Boutique
I saw a People Tree t-shirt in the window and I had to go in. A quick look around showed I'd hit a sustainable fashion jackpot. They have a beautiful selection of some of the best, most stylish pieces from a range of ethical designers. Also they carry Matt and Nat (Canada represent!). I managed to resist the temptation to pick-up anything that day but there are some pieces that are still pulling at me. A great sustainable fashion shop in walking distance.... so dangerous.

Circus
Do you like vintage? What about unique art pieces? Unusual jewelry? Well this tiny little shop has it all. Wonderful cushions, unusual prints and jewelry. If I had £125 to drop, I would have done so on their amazing art. I was also tempted by a snap-front denim shirt, but I reminded myself I did already have one and I probably didn't need two denim shirts.

Book Mongers
My friend took me to this second-hand bookstore, which is in the wonderful tradition of over stuffed shelves and tettering stacks. Not a place if you are hunting for a particular title. but if you're in a mood to take your time and find something unexpected this is your place. Cover most typical section, for reason we couldn't figure out it also included a fiction section organised by gender. Anyone suggestions on why this is a good way to sort thing?

So I just want to say thanks to the Londoner for her post, which pushed me to get out an explore this area. Its so convenient for me, such a great vibe and I foresee many a future visit to browse more shops and restaurants.

So Kaila we are definitely adding this to the list of places to see when you managed to visit. In the meantime I plan to make many a cheese toastie with my sourdough bread!


0 comments:

Post a Comment