Thrift Shop Haul - May 2014

By | 05:58 Leave a Comment
When I said I was working on not shopping all the time, its a bit more like I'm redirecting my shopping energy. Whatever neighbourhood I'm exploring in London, I often take a quick peek around at the charity shops in the area. Over the last month I've found a couple of great finds from Oxfam and FaraShop. So here is my May thrift shop haul!

The pink/watermellon tank is by warehouse and was only £1.50 from Farashop. I don't normally pick up tank-tops and t-shirts second-hand because they are often warped and don't fit well but this one is actually rayon so its hasn't stretched. I don't have a photo of it on but its a nice drapey tank.

The sparkly thing is a skirt by Topshop from Oxfam and was £4.99. It has been purchased in anticipation of roller-disco, which is suppose to exist in my neighbourhood. Stay tuned for future neon and sparkly outfits.

The royal blue top is by Dorothy Perkins from Oxfam. I got it in a pricer section of town so it was £6.99. I love how it drapes. It could be worn to work but I like it for a day shopping in the city with jeans and flats.

The pink scarf cost me £2.99 from Oxfam. Its a classic pashima. I picked up it because it adds a good pop of summer colour to all my black and grey clothes. Given how cold it has been, summery colours might be as close as I get to summer this year!

I went a bit book crazy. I kept finding things on my 'meaning to read list'.  So I picked up Primary Colours, Bel Canto, The Hundred-Year Old Man Who Climbed Out of A Window and Disappeared, The Amber Spyglass, Midnight's Children and The Wind-up Girl. None of these books were more than £1.99. I've already finished Primary Colours and Bel Canto very different from each other but both really good reads. I'm half way through the Wind-Up Girl. Its technically science-fiction but its almost more distopian future and I'm also really enjoying it.

I'm anticipating future thirft hauls, so check back at the end of June for more finds.

0 comments:

Post a Comment