Entertainment on a Fiver- Museum Murder Mystery

By | 00:30 Leave a Comment
I'm so glad I found this! Digging around in the London edition of Time Out I saw this promotion for a murder mystery at the University College of London  (UCL) Museums and there were costumes involved. Sold! Lucky for me, my friends are as crazy as I am and also were all on board for dressing up for an evening of crime solving.

The costume portion required much debate, mainly caused by me getting overexcited with multiple costume ideas. The final decision was the characters of Clue (or Cluedo for the British Audience). I went with Mrs. Peacock and since the event was free so I was able to put the five pounds to my thrift store costume.

The event itself was really well done. The mystery was spread out across all the different museum within the UCL. After collecting clue from the different museum, you scrambled them to form a phone number and whoever called in the answer first won. Pretty clever. In fact, more clever than us since we didn't figure it out.

But we did win best costume! In fact, I don't think I've ever been so popular as when I was walking around with a whole group of people dressed like Clue.

And what was our prize? A preserved head of a coypu head adopted in our teams name. We have future plans to go visit it and see what our hard-work has earned it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment