Ethical Body Wash and Lotion on a Budget- Naked and Love and Toast

By | 02:56 Leave a Comment



























Having ditched all my heavy bottles of moisturizer and body wash (luggage priority went to more important things like fabric and giraffe statues), I needed to replace most of my bath/body products. Also being in the process of setting up house, I need to replace things on a budget. There are a lot of ethical body wash and lotions but I was interested in what options I could find in my standard drug store. This is what I managed to dig up.


24 Hour Coco de Mer Body Butter and Ooh La La Body Wash by Naked

I bought the body butter first and I loved the scent so much I bought the body wash too. It's a mix of coconut, shea butter and passion flower. The body wash is creamy but it lathers well enough. Though if you like a really frothy body wash you might be disappointed. When I opened the body butter it seemed unusually solid and I was worried. But I find that it melts really well into your skin. They're both available at Boots, the Naked company has a strong ethical standpoint, and their only £4.99 each. They qualify as triple threat beauty products!


The Salt'n Sea Body Lotion and Sugar Scrub by Love & Toast

This product also smells delicious, a bit like lemonade but not too sweet. I like the scrub a lot, it reminds me of the Soap and Glory crush scrubs but a more ethical option (yay for good dupes!). The body lotion is nice, but it does this weird thing when you work it into your skin, sort of like it doesn't seem to absorb properly? I also find the packaging frustrating. I know that sounds weird but it's hard to work things out of their tubes. I purchased these at TKMaxx however, this scent collection isn't available anymore and looking on the website some of the packaging has been changed. So while I give these products mixed reviews I would be open to try other products by this brand. I'm especially intrigued by their perfumes and lip balms because the scents are so yummy.

 So some really good finds and some mixed results. It goes to show that you can find some great products while keeping quality and ethics in mind (and not break the bank)! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment