New Look and New Focus

By | 07:15 Leave a Comment
Long Distance Neighbours has shifted its update and we felt that our new focus required a bit of reorganizing, that naturally led to bigger plans to update our look, and this led to our new layout. So welcome to our new blog layout! (Round of applause for @AliaK_ who did all the actual work!).

I realized that after doing this update I haven't really given a comprehensive overview of the way this blog has shifted. I've gone from a blog about my internship abroad to a lifestyle and ethical living blog in London. So I thought I'd try and lay out for everyone what is going to be happening on my site now.

Ethical Shopping/Living/Fashion
One of the underlying philosophies of Long Distance Neighbour was that we live in a globally connected world and what we do here does impact the lives of people on the other side of the globe. I'm trying to live this value by shopping and living ethically- including fair-trade, eco-friendly and locally made. I'm going to share with you all my great finds and tips, and hopefully make it a bit easier for anyone else looking to do the same.

Things to do in London
I'm going to credit my mother on this one. She really made a point to me about how shopping has become a passtime. 'Don't know what to do today? I'll go wander around shopping." Getting out of the mindless shopping rut, I wanted to find other ways to spend my time. And a lot of great little cultural events are held by not-for-profits and involve local business, so its a double win!

International Development
I'm still working in international development so I would still like to share thoughts, comments and stories about international development. I feel that people who work in international development don't spend enough time trying to explain the intricacies of their work. There is too much of "See this suffering child? Give us money to feed her/him!" Lets just say it doesn't really work like that on the ground. While I'm not 'in the field', I'm going to work at keeping you connected to that world.

So you can navigate through by location to find all the past posts. You now can also search through ethical living to find any of my reviews and tips under different subject. Hope you all enjoy it and leave comments if there are any issues you want me to cover.

0 comments:

Post a Comment