10 Things I Know After 1 Month in England

By | 10:33 Leave a Comment

Today is my one month anniversary in England. I'm wouldn't say I have the swing of things yet but here are some of my personal truisms. I managed to get 10 in all and I think its only appropriate that 3 of these involve weather.

  1. I always need an umbrella (or rain-jacket) even if its perfectly sunny when I leave my house.
  2. The tube map is not nearly as complicated as the underground pathways between tube lines.
  3. The crazy bureaucracy in Southern Africa? Yeah they learned if from the British.
  4. My co-workers want tea as much as I do (which is always)
  5. I will always find it cold, especially inside
  6. Cross walk lights are really only 'suggested' times its probably safe to cross
  7. I don't have enough battery on my phone to spend an entire day trying to navigate London
  8. I know where my British Grandfather's love of puns come from
  9. The British have perfected the sandwich and the charity shop (which are also good when enjoyed together)
  10. Leather footwear is a must in a rainy climate
Now that I'm settled in London I hope to do some more exploring so stay tuned.


.

0 comments:

Post a Comment