Review - Naked Volume Shampoo and Conditioner

By | 05:57 Leave a Comment
Two months ago, when I made the investment to replace all my bath and body products I also bought shampoo and conditioner. I've held off writing this review because I've had mixed feeling about the product and I wanedt to be sure of how I felt before I wrote. But I'm almost finished both of them so I think I can say I've given it a fair run.

In Canada, my go-to budget ethical shampoo is the Live Clean (Kaila's post on them going up on Sunday!). I've tried a lot of their different lines and I've always had good results with them. But no Live Clean in the UK.... Booo! However, I was so happy with the Naked body products, I decided why not try the shampoo and conditioner too (And it was on offer at Boots!).


Everything about my hair-care routines centres around getting more body and volume. It influences how I cut my hair, my products and my styling techniques. While I don't find that volumizing shampoo/conditioner always make a huge difference, I don't want to weigh down my hair with moisture heavy products so they are often a good choice for me.

At the same time, the smell of shampoo or conditioner can linger in your hair. If you don't like it, its really annoying. After weighing the different scent options of all the Naked Hair care formulas (and there are a lot, picture my friend and I sniffing bottles for a good 20 minutes), I figured why not go with the volumizing set.

In reviewing these, I want to start off by saying I think I made the wrong call formula-wise. Over the past year I've switched to washing my hair less often and I've let it go pretty long. I may need a bit more moisture and cleaning power than I use to. Please read the review in this light.

Naked Volume Body Building Shampoo with chicory & wheat protein

The smell of this isn't to die for but its neutral which can be a bonus I think. What I find with this product is that I have to use a lot of it to make sure it gets really worked through my hair. Its a bit weird because it gets foamy (which I've tried to photograph) but then the foam is hard to work down to my roots, partly because my hair gets matted together as I work it in. I've had a lot of those occasions when I'm drying my hair and find a place that hasn't really gotten clean. I have two thoughts on this. One, I think the line would be better suited for shorter hair. Second, and I can't prove this but I have a lingering suspicion its interacting with the products I use in my hair and that is causing the matted effect. But if you have limp and really fine hair that is shoulder or chin length, this is probably a good system for you.


Naked Volume Weightless Conditioner with passionflower & grape

This product is exactly what it advertises. If you are looking for a really light weight conditioner, go for this one. You can kind of see from the photo how its almost gel-like. It actually smells really nice too. I'm officially a sucker for passionflower. But for me personally this doesn't provide enough conditioning power, especially after the matting caused by the shampoo. I guess as my hair gets longer it needs more moisture (I know I shouldn't be surprised at this but its been ages since my hair was this long).

I think the sum up is that there isn't anything wrong with this product, its just really not for me and my hair right now. These guys really put together a combo for fine and limp hair and that doesn't meet all my hair issues right now. Not a stellar recommendation but just like positive reviews, any review is personal.

I wanted to balance this by sharing a positive review by Moral Fibres who I love for her recommendations and has great things to say about the leave-in conditioner and the silky line of the shampoo and conditioner. Think I need to try a different range and maybe I'll have better luck.





0 comments:

Post a Comment