Packing (The Chaos)

By | 19:15 Leave a Comment
I have two suitcases for this trip and need fit all my stuff in them. Packing for 6 months is hard but it's even harder when you have to factor in the possibility that somethings maybe difficult or even impossible to find once you get to your destination.  Here is a break down of what I'm bringing with me to Tanzania...
My packing list:
  • Nice dress clothes - As I said in a previous post, the work place tends to be pretty formal so I've got plenty of button-down blouses and dress skirts/pants.
  • Casual clothes for weekends and chilling around the house
  • Tech - There's a big bag in that pile full of cables, chargers and adapters for all my technical (and blog related) needs.
  • My hairdryer- It's a little bit "bringing coals to Newcastle" but being properly styled in the workplace is equally as important as dress.
  • Medication - For every contingency from colds, to the flu, to bites, much of it thanks for my pharmacist co-workers.
  • A few personal items (i.e. the weird stuffed animals) to make the place seem like home.
  • Light-weight exercise gear -  I'm bringing a jump rope and resistance bands so I can work out now and then.
  • Bedding - Because I had room (sort of). This means I won't have to buy it and I can ditch it when I leave.
  • Winter Jacket and boots - Our debriefing will be held in London and after leaving 30 degree weather, it will feel very very cold - always be prepared.
  • Shoes - Three pairs packed and wearing another pair on the plane
  • Swimsuit - Because Dar Es Salaam is on the water and Zanzibar is close at hand.
  • Toiletries - Make-up & hair products plus personal things, hopefully enough to last me because those sorts of things can be expensive and hard to find.
This pile represents about 2/3 of what's in my suitcases. At this point if I haven't bought it, I'm going to have to do without because I'm so close to the line on my weight limit that whether I get through will depend on the kindness of my check-in attendant!

0 comments:

Post a Comment