Christmas Chain Day 1

By | 03:14 1 comment
The biggest Christmas tradition from my childhood is known as the 'Christmas chain'. This was way more than a count down to Christmas. It was 24 days of festive family activities. Inside every ring was something to do that day. It told us when to put up decorations, when to write letters to santa, when to get our christmas tree. It also contained numerous small, silly ways to mark the holiday season.

I think it was such a special tradition, because it made the Christmas not just one big day, but 24 days of celebration. Though the chain hasn't existed in physical forms since we all become adults. I thought this year I would reserrect it and it would be a nice break from being overloaded with organizing myself to make the annual pilgrimage back to Canada for the holidays.

The point is not that you have to do everything, but to give inspiration about ways you can make the next 24 days festive and special.

I hope you enjoy!

Day 1: Set up Your Advent Calendars


This is the traditional opener of the christmas chain. It was always hanging up when we got up, but we would set up our chocolate and paper calendars after opening it.



This year I've picked up one of these calendars from Montezuma's chocolates!

Please leave comments and photos of your advent calendar below or share other traditions!






1 comment: Leave Your Comments

  1. Such fun! I guess that I should get out the old Christmas at Noah's Ark advent calendar! Photo to come!

    ReplyDelete