Christmas Chain Day 4

By | 01:27 1 comment

Day 4: Pick a Christmas Book

Christmas is crazy fun, but it can also be more than a little stressful and overwhelming. For me there is no better escape from that than a good book. So pick something festive.

I actually re-read David Edding's the Belgariad every Christmas season. At this point my Christmas feelings about it are probably pavlovian. But why it originally struck me as Christmasy is beyond me. Maybe its the amount of time the characters spend walking through the snow?

If you are looking for ideas of what to pick up,  I will give you a few:


For a straight up classic, of course there is the Christmas Carol. And if you are really certain you can't squeeze in reading, you can listen to a recording here.

If you want sometime easy to pick up and put down. J.R. Tolkien wrote letters from Father Christmas to his kids and they have been compiled in a book. Not a story per say but easy to read a little bit at a time.

For those looking to recapture a bit of childhood, picking up a copy of the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. Remember long before Katniss, Susan's Christmas gift made me wish for a bow and arrow.

For mystery lovers, did you know Agatha Christie did a Christmas mystery for Hercule Poirot? Neither did I, but searching Christmas books I found this.

Lastly, for those who crave a bit of light romance, I'm a huge fan of Love Walked In by Marisa de los Santos.

So what do you plan to read?

1 comment: Leave Your Comments

  1. It doesn't have a lot of words, but I love Raymond Brigg's Father Christmas! The illustrations are brilliant.

    ReplyDelete