Global Solidarity Challenge Day 6 - Top 10 Things I'm looking Forward to

By | 21:45 Leave a Comment
Here we are on day 6 and all everyone in my house seems to be able to talk about is what they wish they could eat. We went to the market at the end of the day and I had that giddy feeling that occurs when you are really hungry at the supermarket and you want to buy everything (though some what limited by the fact there is only so much you can indulge in at a fresh food market). We picked up a number of things to eat starting on Sunday and here is what I'm most excited about:

  1. Pineapple 
  2. Peanut Butter 
  3. Pasta 
  4. Other Vegetables like broccoli, beets, and also fresh herbs!
  5. Having more than 1 egg
  6. Eating the bacon that's in our fridge
  7. Grilled cheese sandwich
  8. Soda
  9. Chocolate Bar 
  10. Not eating another sweet potatoes for a long time

Breakdown of the Day-  Tshs 1850

Breakfast
I worked out in the morning so I splurged and bought 2 chapati for breakfast for an expensive Tshs 600. I didn't think I was actually that hungry until I started to eat and then I realized I was absolutely starving!

Lunch
We left work early to visit a partner organization so we just ate quickly when we got home. We had some bread and mango for lunch which also cost about Tshs 600.

Dinner
We picked up beans and vegetables at the market and made a sort of vegetable chill.
 


One more day and then we are done. At least tomorrow is Saturday and we can stay home and relax!

0 comments:

Post a Comment