Global Solidarity Day 4 - What You Do Really Makes an Impact

By | 23:49 Leave a Comment
So yesterday I got up early and I did my laundry. We do all our laundry by hand because (of course) we don't have a machine. This involves washing everything in tubs, rising it out twice, wring it out and hang it to dry. In other words its a lot of work and afterwards I was starving!


Unsurprisingly what you do during the day makes a big difference for the challenge. Sitting in an office all day, its not so bad and I can manage on the food I have but its amazing what a difference a little bit of manual labour makes. If I had to labour all day it would be a totally different story. And of course most of the people who are living on $1.25 are exactly the people who are doing exactly that.  I couldn't imagine, for example, being this guy and trying to get by on $1.25!

Day 4  Summary - Tshs 1443  

Breakfast - Mandazi and Banana again
Lunch- Rice and Vegetables
Dinner- Sweet Potatoes and Vegetables

Food is becoming pretty standard at this point (and very boring because of this). We had to go back to the market last night to buy more fruits and vegetables. It was almost closed and because its Ramadan people start packing up at 6 pm so they can break their fast. We actually got some really good deals because it was the end of the day and people wanted to clear their stock.

0 comments:

Post a Comment